The R&D Intern will support research, conduct growing laboratory work, operate test equipment including variable spectrum LED lighting, and perform analytical tests and documentation. The R&D Intern will also complete daily recordkeeping and other duties as assigned. The successful candidate will be a member of the Research & Development Team, participating in technical and planning meetings as well as playing an exciting role in the development of the Company’s evolving product offerings and optimization of current production systems. This is a part time position which will be working 3-4 days/week.
- Participate in trial setup, maintenance, data collection, and reporting.
- Participate in weekly R&D Technical and Planning calls.
- Daily growing activities of grow room plant trials (i.e. irrigation, seeding, thinning, data collection, cleaning, etc.)
- Soil, leaf tissue, and fertilizer solution sample submission
- Fertilizer mixing and monitoring
- Daily recordkeeping of pH, EC, Relative Humidity, Temperature, Light levels, CO2 levels, irrigation, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
|REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
|PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Positive attitude and a drive to be the best
- Knowledgeable in simple basic arithmetic and proportionate calculations
- A passion for science, analysis, and problem solving
- Ability to work safely at all times
- Good computer skills for data entry and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Creativity, technical knowledge, and interest in learning from others
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.