This Position is responsible for following the direction of the grower. Teammate supports and performs all GH related duties to ensure goals are met. Teammate also, ensures that growing plans are executed efficiently, accurately and in accordance with required timing to achieve optimal growth in all crops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in the GH: unloads, spaces, harvests, and loads
- Checks product for quality and cleans products as necessary
- Monitors crops for optimal growth and maintains a proper climate in greenhouses.
- Performs irrigation of crops using automated and manual systems.
- Performs and monitors insect and disease control measures.
- Performs fertilization of crops.
- Records pesticide applications and maintains irrigation logs on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis as needed.
- Covers weekend duties as required by the monthly schedule.
- Reports on a weekly basis to apprise management of crop progress.
- Reports any departmental discrepancies or problems.
- Adheres to all safety and food safety guidelines.
- Reports and is accountable for notifying any observed safety concerns.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by other member of management.
- Ensure high quality of products.
- Trains, assigns tasks, and monitors work of any employee assigned to the crop production process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Degree in Horticulture or combination education & experience
Experience: 2yrs. practical growing in commercial/retail greenhouse and 2yrs. with both manual and automatic irrigation systems
Language Fluency: No specific language requirements; bi-lingual English/Spanish fluency preferred.
Technology: No specific technology requirements; basic computer and keyboarding skills preferred.
Licensure: No specific licensure required.
Credentials: No specific professional credentials required.
Schedule: Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Manual Dexterity: Ability to quickly move your hands and arms sufficiently to grasp, hold, finely manipulate and assemble herbs and packaging.
Muscle Strength & Flexibility: Ability to bend, reach, stoop, squat, pivot, turn, balance, walk, pus, pull, and lift and carry up to 50lbs.
Trunk Strength: Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support a standing position for sustained periods over time without ‘giving out.
Sustained Fast Pace: Ability to work at a very fast sustained pace without reduction in quality, food safety and workplace safety compliance.
Not Allergic: Ability to breathe, touch and work around fresh herbs and leafy produce safely.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.