Are you a CDL Driver with at least 2 years experience? Do you want to find a company to advance your career with? Do you have no major tickets within the last 5 years?
Our Class A Regional drivers drive our fleet of 2019 (or newer) trucks out to regional customers. Additionally, they help with pick ups as needed. Out every other night. Weekend availability required. Full benefits, weekly pay, and multiple bonuses included.
- Delivers Company’s product to distribution centers and grocery stores using refrigerated straight trucks Completes Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconciles with appropriate company representative as required
- Unloads product according to customer purchase order
- Loads product in a manner to avoid damages and maintain load stability to insure driver safety
- Wraps pallets by machine or hand to insure stability
- Unloads and cleans out trucks as necessary
- Operates stock trucks and mechanical jacks throughout the facility constantly in a safe manner
- Prepares products for shipment under general supervision by weighing, handling and transporting as necessary
- Marks, addresses, loads, and packs product for proper delivery and condition
- Delivers product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately informs management team of any deviations.
- Unloads product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and places in designated customer storage area
- May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions
- Picks up, loads and unloads damaged goods and customer returns, and completes necessary paperwork
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment
- Will complete overnight deliveries three or more times per week.
- Breaks down delivery load on single pallet into multiple pallets with smaller loads
- Attends training sessions to stay up to date on Department of Transportation & other regulations as needed.
- Sorts and separates pallets as needed
- In the event the teammate believes that Lumper services are needed, the driver is required to first obtain authorization from the Transportation Department or site General Manager in order to use Lumper services. Lumper services are not to be used without this authorization
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Shenandoah Growers policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all Safety & Food Safety requirements
- Attends all required company meetings
- Maintains a clean working environment
- Reports and is accountable for notifying Transportation Supervisor of observed safety concerns
- Adheres to all Department of Transportation requirements and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned by Transportation Supervisor or other member of management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CLASS A DELIVERY DRIVERS:
- High School or GED diploma or equivalent
- 1 yr of truck driving experience is required
- Experience with perishable good is preferred
- Operator Driver’s License required
- Class A CDL Driver’s License
- Bi-lingual, English & Spanish preferred
- Basic math
- Favorable reference check of previous employer(s)
- Must pass DOT Physical
- Must be able to work all days of the week
- Must be minimum 21 years of age
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.