The Growing Room Technician is responsible for the efficient operation of the growing room. The Growing room Technician is driven by challenges and success in a fast-paced working environment. This position requires an energetic, motivated, and self-actualized individual that demonstrates leadership within his/her Job. The Growing Room Technician reports to the Sr. LED Technician.
- Responsible for the quality of the plugs produced and released for transplant. Not too wet, not too dry for the transplant machine
- In combination with the grower, responsible for all operational requirements in the germination chamber and LED plug room. This includes cart placement, maintenance notification, irrigation, fertilization, growing environment monitoring (temperature, RH) etc.
- In combination with the grower, responsible for the daily review of the plug quality. Any issues are to be raised with grower so that inferior quality products can be discarded and re-seeded, with 2 to 3 days of arriving in LED plug room.
- Responsible for minor maintenance repairs or for notifying maintenance of any concerns which could result in delays as a result of equipment maintenance issues
- Meet production rates daily/weekly for the position
- Responsible for following all Food safety requirements for production in this area or on this equipment. This includes any logs or SOP’s
- Responsible for operating the machinery/equipment in a professional, safe manner, as determined by Occupational safety rules or manufacturer’s instructions
- Accountable for all sanitation practices relevant to the area and the machinery/equipment
- Conducts daily QC checks on plugs
- Keeps a weekly inventory and fill out reports as required by the Grow team
- Other duties as needed/assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent
- 3 yrs. of experience in a related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations, and analysis.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 yrs. of experience in a related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
- Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations, and analysis.
- Prior experience with OSHA, HACCP, and GMP is a plus
- Bilingual, English & Spanish
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Positive attitude
- Good attendance
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with other teammates in the area to get the work done•
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Basic math
- Teamwork and flexibility
- Excellent time-management skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to work flexible hours (8-10+ Hrs.)
- Must be able to stand for periods of 8 – 10+ hours during a regular workday
- May involve some repetitive motions
- While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- The teammate must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.