The product carrier Associate brings the product to the lines quickly and accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bring the product to the lines with speed and accuracy.
- Use FIFO to rotate products properly.
- Monitor quality and update product ratings and pounds as needed.
- Handles herbs with care to avoid damage during the packaging process.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices and Safety requirements of the Company.
- Follows department training guidelines, best practices and operating procedures.
- Wears/uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Maintains a safe and organized working area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: No specific educational requirements; high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: No specific experience required; prior experience packaging fresh herbs or other produce preferred.
Language Fluency: No specific language requirements; bi-lingual English/Spanish fluency preferred.
Technology: No specific technology requirements; basic computer and keyboarding skills preferred.
Licensure: No specific licensure required.
Credentials: No specific professional credentials required.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Manual Dexterity: Ability to quickly move your hands and arms sufficiently to grasp, hold, finely manipulate and assemble herbs and packaging.
Muscle Strength & Flexibility: Ability to bend, reach, stoop, squat, pivot, turn, balance, walk, push, pull, and lift and carry up to 40lbs.
Trunk Strength: Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support a standing position for sustained periods over time without ‘giving out.
Withstand Cold: Ability to perform duties, responsibilities, and assigned tasks with maximum efficiency while working in a sustained cold work environment.
Sustained Fast Pace: Ability to work at fast sustained pace without reduction in quality, food safety and workplace safety compliance.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.