The Outbound Transportation Supervisor is responsible for the transportation activities; loader scheduling; paperwork/documentation; manages and serves as primary contact with all loaders. Coordinates loading and interact with third-party drivers. Must be organized, detail-oriented, and possess the necessary skills to coach, develop, and hold his/her teammates accountable. This position reports to the Site General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates a team environment
- Meets the objectives as set forth by the site General Manager and or Transportation Manager
- Ensures timely pickup and delivery for internal and external customers
- Provides support to operations when addressing customer needs or issues
- Communicates with all personnel, including drivers & members at the Packaging House and LED room
- Possess the ability to think and make sound business decisions creatively
- Assists with oversight of fleet repairs and maintenance including but not limited to driver repair reporting, repair scheduling, and adherence to vendor turn around commitment
- Oversees loader scheduling
- Responsible for site DOT, FMCSA, FSMA and OSHA compliance
- Assists with any loss product, equipment, and cost of damages to the company and completes applicable reporting
- Assist with driver qualification files for his/her site by ensuring they are maintained and up to date
- Serves as a back-up in the absence of Truck Delivery Driver
- Assists in driving and loader recruitment
- Assists with product deliveries when needed and as department staffing needs dictate
- Attends training sessions on DOT and other regulations as required
- Participates in all training meetings as required
- Accepts challenges, deals positively and embraces diversity
- Maintains a clean work environment
- Adheres to all Safety and Food Safety policies and procedures
- Reports and is accountable for notifying accordingly of observed safety concerns
- Performs other duties as directed by management
- Works well with all teammates
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
Experience: 3-5 years of Logistics/Transportation/Distribution experience, less Than Truckload Outbound Supervisor experience.
Language Fluency: No specific language requirements; bi-lingual English/Spanish fluency preferred.
Technology: MS Office Suite, Word, including advanced Excel, Outlook, and strong keyboarding skillsets required.
Licensure: No specific licensure required.
Credentials: No specific professional credentials required.
Schedule: Required that this individual is able to work a flexible schedule.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.