We are hiring a Linehaul Truck Driver who supports the routes at the assigned work site. The Delivery Truck Driver serves Company’s customer needs. Driver(s) in this position(s) operate Company’s trucks and load and unload Company’s produce at the customer’s warehouse(s). The Delivery Truck Drivers always maintains an effective communication with management. The Truck Drivers reports to the Transportation Supervisor at the assigned work site. SGI has a friendly work environment where teammates are rewarded for a job well done by the Transportation leaders who are ready to recognize your hard work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Run linehaul loads between SGI facilities.
- Pick up back haul loads raw materials (boxes, packaging materials, etc.) as needed and deliver to customers.
- Unloads product at SGI facilities when necessary.
- May be required to deliver SGI product directly to the customer.
- May be required to sort and segregate pallets when necessary.
- Adheres to all Department of Transportation requirements and regulations.
- Attends training sessions to stay up to date on Department of Transportation and other regulations as needed.
- Reports and is accountable for notifying transportation supervisor of observed safety concerns.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Adheres to all safety and food safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by transportation supervisor or other member of management.
- Must be minimum 21 years of age
- Two years previous Commercial driving experience.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. repetitively.
- Must possess DOT physical medical card
- Pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to speak and write English.
- Must maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate overnight and weekend runs.
- Ability to drive in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to operate a fork-lift.
- Prior experience transporting perishable goods.
- Prior experience maintaining driving logs/knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations.
- Prior experience operating refrigerated equipment.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.