Inventory control specialist (ICS) has the primary responsibility and ownership of improving company profitability by managing inventory levels, inventory consumptions, and maintaining accurate inventory counts. ICS must maintain a high level of organization, energy, and attention to detail and possess the ability to prioritize tasks and duties, and multitasking abilities.
• Oversee receiving process and team, to ensure timely processing and reporting of all inbound product.
• Responsible for ensuring product is received, rated, stored and processed according to best practices and following FIFO principles.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly inventory reconciliation of raw goods, raw materials, and packaging.
• Maintains accurate inventory counts by supporting physical inventories, performing cycle counts, and transacting items in ERP.
• Ensures that all product received comes from vendors who have been approved by our Compliance
Department, and meets required specifications and labeling.
• Responsible for maintaining an orderly warehouse by moving items to/from the appropriate inventory locations, and by following housekeeping and sanitation rules.
• Responsible for performing ERP transactions to reflect the shipping, receiving, or returning of items, packing/unpacking items, creating inventory and shipping labels, and generating necessary documentation.
• Ability to quickly and calmly adapt to changing conditions and solve problems immediately.
• Ability to work well with others and maintain organization and communication between cross-related departments.
• Displays ability to multitask and handle multiple issues under pressure without stress.
• Assists management and buyer on other duties as requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or GED
- Experience in shipping/receiving, Excel, and ERP systems
- Experience working with perishable produce
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bilingual Spanish-English.
- Associates degree in Business or related field
- Ability to maintain positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward internal and external customers at all times
- Experience in all MS Office platforms
- Strong attention to detail
- Established history of organization skills
- Self-initiative and motivation
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Split time between office environment and in cold production environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift 25bs, walk in and out of refrigerated space at 35F, squat, bend. Intermittent sitting and standing. Available to work occasional nights, holidays and weekends.
• Ability to observe and identify surroundings
• Ability to comprehend and exchange detailed information
• Ability to concentrate, recognize, remember, reason and make decisions
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided