Shenandoah Growers is the nation’s leading provider of fresh and living organic culinary herbs. We are more than a produce company; we are an entrepreneurial technology company working to find innovative solutions to the controlled production of organic produce. We are passionate about food that’s organic, sustainable, affordable, and accessible. We strive to respect all individuals, obsess over the needs and service to our customers, and win as one team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about the environment and the future health of the planet. They must put SGI at the forefront of agricultural sustainability through hands on and documentation processes. Controlled environment agriculture is gentler on the environment compared to field grown crops however there are different sustainability aspects that need to be addressed. The candidate will be responsible for developing a program that evaluates and quantifies resource use efficiency with respect to food production in CEA. The aim is to elevate SGI as leaders in caring for the environment. The successful candidate will communicate our commitment to the environment both internally and externally.
Essential Job Roles and Responsibilities Include:
Understand and establish relationships and collaborations with government agencies, energy auditors, universities and other domestic and international environmental organizations.
• Develop sustainability program with respect to our commitment and branding as laid out by the Board and company executives.
• Quantify and establish the baseline of all of the components of Resource Use Efficiency at SGI with the aim of improving our environmental impact.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related field.
• Experience in controlled environment agriculture systems.
• Master’s degree in Environmental Science or related field
• Significant external contacts and understanding of industry, government and academic fields related to environmental sustainability.
Shenandoah Growers Inc., utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.