JOB SUMMARY: The Sanitation Associate is an energetic, motivated individual. The associate in this position is responsible for the cleaning of production lines, buildings, and removal of debris; while properly maintaining and following good manufacturing practices and safety. This position works in a fast-pasted environment. The sanitation associate is expected to work independently and must have the ability to follow directions. The sanitation associate must embrace diversity in the workplace. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Non-Essential Functions are preceded by an *)
• Completes checklists associated with sanitation procedures
• Clean and sanitize all production equipment
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs and vacuums offices as necessary
• Responsible for ensuring food contact surfaces are sanitary
• Dusts and cleans overhead racking and overhead equipment
• Maintains bathroom cleanliness
• Refills dispensers as needed, this includes but not limited to: towels, hand soap, toilet paper, hand sanitizers, and other dispenser(s) as directed by supervisor
• Uses mild cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces
• Aid the production team by packing herbs when necessary
• Reports any observed safety hazards/food safety concerns to their immediate supervisor
• Maintains a safe work environment for the team
• Other tasks may be assigned by supervisor
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English and/or Spanish
• Good attendance
• Work authorization U.S.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED
• 1-year sanitation in food manufacturing
• Mechanical aptitude
• Knowledge of GMP’s
• Bilingual English-Spanish
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Promoting and maintaining a safe environment through teamwork and proper food sanitation training
• Able to communicate, read, and have good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to understand, follow, and communicate to other standards and procedures
• Good organizational skills, and detail orientated
• Able to cooperate with all co-workers and supervisory staff
• Able to understand and follow instructions as given
• Able to follow safety procedures
• Able to work independently
• Must have reliable transportation
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Able to work overtime as needed
• Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10lbs with occasional lift up to 25lbs
• The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25lbs and frequently lift or move up to 50lbs.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds without help.
• Able to stand for 8-10 hours per day
• Ability to lift, carry, bend, push and twist frequently as needed.
• Ability to lift, carry, bend, push and twist – frequency varies during a normal shift.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.