Do you have an interest in the horticultural research and development? Do you have a degree in plant science or another related field? Are you looking for a great company to begin your career with? If so, apply to join our team today!
JOB SUMMARY: The R&D Technician will support research, conduct growing laboratory work, operate test equipment, and perform analytical tests and documentation. The R&D Technician will also complete daily recordkeeping and other duties as assigned. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Research & Development Team and play an exciting role in the development of the Company’s evolving product offerings.
- Daily growing activities of grow room plant trials (i.e. irrigation, seeding, thinning, cart transportation, cleaning, etc.)
- Soil, leaf tissue, and fertilizer solution sample submission
- Fertilizer mixing and monitoring
- Daily recordkeeping of pH, EC, Relative Humidity, Temperature, Light levels, CO2 levels, irrigation, etc.
- Completing data collection as described in the project schedule
- Weekend rotation coverage or offset work week to cover weekend days (example: Tuesday – Saturday)
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of college work in a science discipline or related field
- 0-2 years of Research and Development Assistance experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in a related discipline
- 1+ year(s) of lab experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Positive attitude with a drive to be the best
- Working knowledge of SGI products and processing
- Knowledgeable in simple basic arithmetic and proportionate calculations
- A passion for science, analysis, and problem solving
- Ability to work safely at all times
- Good computer skills for data entry and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity, technical knowledge, and interest in learning from others
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Other Duties as needed
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.