The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring his/her assigned site(s) is maintained in good working order in a manner that prevents disruption of the site’s operations and is in accordance with OSHA safety standards. The Maintenance Manager also schedules and supervises maintenance team members. Additionally, he/she ensures implementation of short- and long-term strategies for preventative maintenance scheduling and execution, for timely corrective maintenance actions, and for general site maintenance needs.
(Non-Essential Functions are preceded by an *)
- Handles all management duties of site maintenance team. This includes but is not limited to scheduling, training, hiring, disciplinary actions, task management, etc.
- Reports monthly, or as otherwise dictated by site leadership, status on maintenance projects, safety issues, maintenance personnel, and any other relevant information.
- Works with site and company leadership to develop a site-specific long-term maintenance plan, supporting the achievement of facility expectations.
- Responsible for negotiating agreements, scheduling, and maintaining relationships with external maintenance contractors.
- Installs and maintains production machines and plant facility’s equipment through own direct action and/or delegation.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service through own direct action and/or delegation.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing problems, replacing, or repairing parts, testing, and adjusting, and repairing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic production machines/systems through own direct action and/or delegation.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform and/or delegate required maintenance and service.
- Develops plan for regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities and ensures team follows that schedule.
- Takes on a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions as needed.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performance of duties.
- Reports faulty operations, defective material, and any unusual situations to site management and develops plan to fix and/or replace.
- Leads team and site compliance with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Adheres to Company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate use of the equipment and PPE required for maintenance staff and all site personnel.
- Other duties assigned by management
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED required
- 7-10 Years of maintenance experience within a manufacturing environment
- 3 Years of supervisory experience
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship, licensure, or equivalent education in a related field
- 4+ Years of Hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial knowledge
- PLC and HVAC experience
- Experienced in operating a variety of equipment and small hand tools
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s in related field
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP)
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- Strong critical thinking and problem-resolution skills
- Thorough working knowledge of facility equipment units, their usage, and safety procedures.
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities independently,
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Work at different temperatures/conditions
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds unassisted
- Up to 10-20% required
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.