SUMMARY: The Maintenance associate’s job is to perform routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of equipment in the line packing, warehouse, and other as needed. The Maintenance associate performs his work safely and follows all Food Safety and GMP’s guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Non-Essential Functions are preceded by an *)
- Adjusts and maintains packing line equipment, conveyor belts, and coding equipment.
- Adjusts and maintains warehouse material handling equipment including floor scrubber.
- Performs light carpentry, plumbing, painting, and repair duties as needed.
- Conducts periodic inspections and reports any structural or mechanical issues to management.
- Works with outside contractors as needed.
- Assists pack staff as needed.
- Adheres to safety and food safety guidelines
- Reports and repairs all safety/food safety hazards to mitigate risk.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains inventory of spare parts.
- Ensure PM schedule is developed and adhered to.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver license
- Has own tools.
- Has experience in electrical and/or refrigeration.
- Bilingual Spanish/English Preferred
- Has experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Ability to identify various herbs
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in related field
- 2 years’ experience as Maintenance associate
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to work with efficiency and quality.
• Ability to follow instructions as directed.
• Works well as part of team.
• Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
• Should follow oral or written instructions.
• Communicate efficiently and fluently in both written and oral form.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Able to work overtime as needed
• Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10lbs with occasional lift up to 25lbs
• The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25lbs and frequently lift or move up to 50lbs.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds without help.
• Able to stand for 8-10 hours per day
• Ability to lift, carry, bend, push and twist frequently as needed.
• Ability to lift, carry, bend, push and twist – frequency varies during a normal shift.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.