The Graphic Design Intern supports the marketing team a variety of critical development and commercialization activities contributing to our aggressive brand growth strategies. These initiatives may include assisting in the design of product brochures, sales collateral, direct mail pieces, training materials, in-store merchandising, trade show and PR materials, packaging, advertising and other projects as needed.
The Graphic Design Intern will report to the Director of Marketing and will have the opportunity to lead projects and actively participate in strategic marketing initiatives. This is an entry level position design for learning and growth within the marketing discipline.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work along side current graphic design agency partners, supporting the graphic design needs of the marketing department.
- Be accountable for management of assigned projects and driving plans thru to implementation.
- Strong team-work and management skills; able to effectively participate and motivate others working within a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to present to all levels within the organization to communicate team vision and goals, personal ideas and project updates.
- Should be goal oriented, confident, outgoing, high-capacity worker, able to work well under pressure and succeed within a competitive and dynamic environment.
- Support the Director of Marketing in key project areas including new product launches, brand development, public relations, sales support and portfolio management.
- Be a role model for the Shenandoah Growers Core Values—Honesty, Humility, Mutual Respect, Discipline, Passion/Enthusiasm/Determination.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing programs and processes and develop strategies for improving or further elevating our project results.
- Maintain project related budgets.
- Determine, produce and roll out necessary organizational change management (OCM) materials, including communication and training plans, stakeholder and end-user communications, training material associated with new products, packaging guides, and processes.
- Review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures, and anticipate, identify and resolve problems.
- Perform cost-benefit and ROI analyses for proposed projects to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Event coordination and support.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of all technology systems.
- Anticipate and overcome project barriers to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Prioritize complex and demanding project workloads and assist management with clear prioritization and business justification.
- Manage and track projects from initiation to successful completion.
- Multitask with a strong attention to detail and shift rapidly from one project to another when priorities change.
- Adheres to all Occupational Safety & Food Safety requirements
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- College student active in graphic design program. Junior or senior level student preferred.
- Must be well-versed in Adobe Cloud applications.
- Portfolio that demonstrates creativity, originality and skills. (Required during interview.)
- Fundamental understanding of consumer-packaged goods marketing.
- Demonstrated thought leadership through previous work and/or internship experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to elicit the trust and respect of others.
- Experience with proofing, file management, project management (MS Project), and all standard MS Office applications necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including creative, business and writing for social media properties. (Writing samples requested during interview process.)
- Ability to adhere to set brand strategies.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work effectively in an extremely fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change and movement.
- Exhibits a high level of organizational skills and sense of personal accountability.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
- Experience working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Ability to travel domestically 10-25%.
- Experience with Sage 100 is strongly preferred.
- Basic experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications preferred.
- Color management and press approval experience.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.