Job type: full-time
Pay Type: Salary
Shenandoah Growers (“SGI”) is now hiring a Sr., Corporate Recruiter. The Senior Corporate Recruiter is responsible for talent acquisition and onboarding strategy, planning, execution and reporting nationally for Shenandoah Growers, Inc. (“SGI” and “the Company”) including ensuring related legal compliance. The Sr. Corporate Recruiter will proactively partner with SGI headquarters, site leadership and hiring managers to ensure staffing activities are executed in a manner consistent with SGI’s Purpose, Vision, Mission, and Core Values. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources. The candidate in this position is based from SGI headquarters located in Harrisonburg, VA.
SGI offers health, dental, vision ins and more! A great 401K retirement plan and more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage, coach and develop Corporate Recruiter and Recruiting Intern(s), ensuring incumbents are engaged, empowered, trained, and fully optimized
- Create SGI’s “Gold Standard” for the candidate and new hire experience, personally execute against it, and coach other hiring/onboarding decision makers and stakeholders to ensure its Company-wide usage
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state employment laws and requirements, Company policies and Core Values. Ensure that every individual responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring activity performed at SGI sites and Corporate Headquarters has been properly trained on compliant interviewing and selection practices before they conduct interviews
- Meet or exceed HR’s standard for Service Excellence with internal and external HR customers and purposefully model professionalism, a sense of urgency, and commitment to SGI’s Purpose, Vision, Mission, and Core Values
- Apply knowledge of talent acquisition best practices in advising and coaching hiring leaders and other HR team members on recruitment and staffing processes to increase efficiency, reduce total time-to-fill, and improve new hire and hiring leader satisfaction
- Prepare and present for approval to CHRO and Director of HR an Annual Recruiting Plan reflecting alignment with corporate goals. Present strategic sourcing and candidate attraction plans and campaigns for critical roles and functional segments, such as Operational leadership, Project Managers, CDL Drivers, as well as site-by-site seasonal staffing to meet peak season labor demands.
- Develop clearly defined roles, qualifications, and requirements for every job title, and collaborate with the Corporate Training Specialist to finalize valid job descriptions including proper FLSA, EEO, Workers Compensation classifications/codes, and partner with Payroll & Benefits team to ensure job titles are listed accurately in HRIS/Payroll system.
- Ensure authorized Hiring Requisitions are tracked and promptly added to Internal Jobs Posting. Determine openings to be advertised on SGI website and other external job boards, etc. and develop and place ads accordingly.
- Work with hiring leaders to develop a candidate profile to aid in the identification of the best candidates for each role and partner closely with SGI’s vendor to conduct appropriate candidate assessments to help assure best hiring decisions
- Conduct and document professional, well-prepared phone and/or in-person interviews before presenting top qualified candidates to hiring leaders.
- Conduct reference checking, pre-employment background checking as required by the role and Company policy; collaborate with Payroll and Benefits Manager to recommend appropriate starting compensation; obtain required salary and offer final approval; prepare offer letters, present job offers, and coordinate start dates with all stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating and implementing clearly defined, well-documented and authorized hiring incentive programs when needed, working together with SGI’s Payroll & Benefits Manager to ensure efficient integration with payroll
- Responsible for the Company’s full compliance nationally with verifying legal eligibility to work in the U.S. through timely and accurate completion of Form I-9’s and the E-Verify process.
- Responsible for all aspects of SGI’s Visa Guest Worker programs, including management and documentation for individuals to work at SGI under any type of Visa
- Responsible for ensuring SGI representation at and advance coordination for appropriate in-person and virtual career fairs and establishing relationships and recruitment advertising accounts with state and county employment centers, ensuring openings to be externally advertised are posted there.
- Develop and implement an effective, consistently applied means of applicant and applicant-source tracking and reporting
- Proactively communicate the status of open searches to hiring leaders
- Design and implement a New Teammate Onboarding Survey to be administered to every new hire after 30 days of employment to aid in identifying opportunities for improvement in onboarding at both the corporate and site levels
- Collaborate with the SGI Marketing Team to provide text/copy needed for timely creation of print and electronic recruitment materials, displays, etc. that reinforce the Company’s brand, mission and core values, commitment to diversity, and that articulate SGI’s employment value proposition
- Remain abreast of current recruiting and onboarding best practices and projected trends and embrace new tools and technology that provide optimal recruiting/onboarding efficiencies.
- Responsible for monitoring SGI’s websites’ career center to ensure it accurately reflects SGI’s employment value proposition and is always up-to-date as positions are filled and new openings arise.
- Establish and nurture relationships with community college and university career centers near each SGI location, and establish SGI Internship Programs.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing “Second Chance” Employment Program for formerly incarcerated individuals who qualify.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ Yrs of progressive full-cycle recruiting experience
- 1+ Year of Supervisory experience
- Bilingual, English & Spanish
- Demonstrated success in recruiting front line up to executive-level positions
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches/recruiting activities in a very fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Talent acquisition or HR certification within 24 months
- Strong analytical thinker with problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office 365 programs
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Travel 25% required
- Knows how to manage overlapping projects and keep track of deadlines
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and motivate people
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates at all levels of the organization
- Basic math
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.