Salary: Starts at $13.50/hr.
Job type: full-time
Shenandoah Growers – Transforming How the World Experiences Food
The opportunities in finance and accounting add up to an exciting career. Work with the team that delivers company-wide planning, long-range goals, and critical financial support. As a part of the Accounts Payable team, you will have the unique opportunity to interact with an assist every department in the company. You will be involved in the establishment of processes and protocols for analysis, measurement and accountability. Come join the team that not only works well together but also knows how to have fun!
In our Accounts Payable department you will get to focus on the details and put your critical thinking skills to good use. You will control expenses by processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices from all over the US, plus Mexico and Europe. We process hundreds of invoices every week so you’ll never be bored!
The Details – In this job you will:
- Use a personal scanner and email to upload invoices to our virtual “filing cabinet”
- Route e-invoices to managers and executives across the company for approval and coding
- Talk and email with our employees and vendors about bills, accounts, and payments
- Follow up on and troubleshoot unapproved invoices
- Learn how to reconcile vendor statements to capture missed invoices before they become emergencies
- Enter invoices into Sage 100 for payment and alert the AP Manager of crucial items
- Go into hyperdrive once a month to enter data before the month-end deadline
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of general office experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs., 30lbs. above the shoulders
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.