Shenandoah Growers, Inc. is actively hiring a Brand Manager within the Marketing department based out of HQ-Office located in Harrisonburg, VA.
The Brand Manager is responsible for developing the brand, product and tactic strategies and creating marketing plans that drive breakthrough growth. Leading a team of direct and cross-functional partners in the execution of current and new product commercialization, advertising and promotion campaigns, packaging, retail programs, online and grassroots marketing initiatives. These initiatives may include: brand strategy, core product updates and positioning, merchandising and packaging strategy, retail insights strategy and execution, website and social media strategy, public relations strategy and support initiatives, project management and timeline tracking, leading cross-functional project teams, market research coordination and analysis, sales material support coordination, assisting with new product forecasting, post-launch analysis, and team support.
The Brand Manager is a strategic leader for the business and the organization, a passionate advocate of the consumer, and a results-oriented change agent for the THAT’S TASTY brand, the Brand Manager will report to the Director of Marketing.
Relocation is available.
- Leads strategic thinking, commercialization, and product launch initiatives coming out of our innovation pipeline driving new product trial and market penetration
- Guides the development efforts of product brand extensions relating to consumer learning, packaging development, naming, positioning, pricing, etc.
- Supports competitive research needs and analysis that help define product approaches and strategy.
- Understands, analyze and communicate market insights from consumers, customers, and competitors.
- Be accountable to the management of assigned projects and driving plans through to implementation
- Works collaboratively with Operations group to design/rework product/packaging for operational efficiency, to reduce costs
- Must be able to effectively participate and motivate others working within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to present to all levels within the organization to communicate team vision and goals, personal ideas and project updates
- Should be goal oriented, confident, outgoing, high-capacity worker, able to work well under pressure and succeed within a competitive and dynamic environment
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Determine, produce and roll out necessary organizational change management (OCM) materials, including communication and training plans, stakeholder and end-user communications, training material associated with new products, packaging guides, and processes
- Possesses a strong work ethic and can work in a fast-paced environment
- Adheres to all Company policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of related experience
- 3-5 years of consumer marketing experience in an entrepreneurial, brand-driven company with limited resources
- Experience establishing a track record of strategic thinking and marketing planning along with positive net results
- Experience leading CPG product packaging, direct marketing, and product launch initiatives strongly desired
- Fundamental understanding of consumer-packaged goods marketing— consumer insights, promotion planning, market research, project management, and general understanding of financial/P&L statement
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability
- Experience with proofing, file management, project management (MS Project), and all standard MS Office applications necessary. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Ability to travel domestically 10-25%.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.