Shenandoah Growers (SGI) is excited to offer a driving opportunity in your area. The Class A Delivery Truck Driver(s) support the routes at the assigned work site. The Delivery Truck Driver serves the Company’s customer needs. Driver(s) in this position(s) operate the Company’s trucks and load and unload Company’s produce at the customer’s warehouse(s). The Delivery Truck Drivers always maintains an effective communication with management. The Truck Drivers reports to the Transportation Supervisor at the assigned work site.
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
- Delivers product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately informs management team of any deviations.
- Unloads product according to customer purchase order
- Operates trucks and mechanical jacks throughout the facility constantly in a safe manner
- Prepares products for shipment under general supervision by weighing, handling and transporting as necessary
- Hand loads product onto trucks as required
- May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions
- Picks up, loads and unloads damaged goods and customer returns, and completes necessary paperwork
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment
- May have to complete an overnight delivery run one or two times per week. Maintains sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer, assists with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard and proper handling of product
- Delivers Company’s product to distribution centers and grocery stores using refrigerated trucks Completes Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconciles with appropriate company representative as required
- Breaks down delivery load on single pallet into multiple pallets with smaller loads
- Picks up raw materials (boxes, packaging materials, etc.) as needed
- Attends training sessions to stay up to date on Department of Transportation & other regulations as needed.
- In the event the teammate believes that Lumper services are needed, the driver is required to first obtain authorization from the Transportation Department or site General Manager in order to use Lumper services. Lumper services are not to be used without this authorization
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Shenandoah Growers policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all Safety & Food Safety requirements
- Attends all required company meetings
- Maintains a clean working environment
- Reports and is accountable for notifying Transportation Supervisor of observed safety concerns
- Adheres to all Department of Transportation requirements and regulation
- Performs other duties as assigned by Transportation Supervisor or other members of the management
- High School or GED diploma or equivalent
- 2 Yrs. of truck driving experience
- No serious tickets or accidents in the last 5 years preferred
- No DWI/DUI in the last 10 years preferred
- Bi-lingual, English & Spanish is a plus
- Experience with perishable goods
- No serious tickets or accidents in the last 5 years
- No DWI/DUI in the last 10 years
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.