The Corporate Trainer is responsible for creating the Company’s corporate “university” and serving as its curriculum creator, presenter, records manager, and administrator. The Corporate Trainer also monitors and reports on the effectiveness of training programs through testing, surveys and impact on recruitment, retention, and turnover rates as well as improvements in operational improvement. The Corporate Trainer is responsible for ensuring training delivery is achieved in a manner that addresses varying language needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Non-Essential Functions are preceded by an *)
- Works closely with executives and members of senior management to align and prioritize training programs with corporate, site, departmental, cultural objectives, and achievement of mandatory initial and annual training requirements, e.g. “Preventing Sexual Harassment”.
- Establishes learning objectives for each unique SGI role; creates and updates curriculum accordingly to ensure training is fully aligned with each position’s current knowledge and skill requirements.
- Presents training programs via the most efficient and cost-effective means, e.g. onsite classroom, independent study, video, etc..
- Performs an assessment at least annually of the skills and job knowledge required in each unique role and revises training programs to ensure new hire and ongoing training supports those requirements. Provides annual assessment report to CHRO.
- Utilizes the skills and job knowledge for each role gathered during annual training assessments and ongoing collaboration with hiring managers or other SMEs to create/put into final form, update, and maintain within a central repository a job description for every job title within the organization. Coaches hiring managers on how to draft an effective job description for new positions.
- Engages SMEs in the development of job- and department-specific training and to ensure accurate content design and relevant learning outcomes.
- Schedules, coordinates, and delivers or facilitates training programs/sessions, including training sessions performed by SGI subject matter experts, executives, and other guest speakers.
- Delivers classroom and workplace learning solutions that engage the learner and produce measurable performance improvement.
- Develops and delivers training that ensures SGI remains compliant with mandatory annual, quarterly, and other periodic training as may be required by applicable regulatory, governmental and certifying bodies.
- Delivers training using various modes, including but not limited to live classroom, remote video, electronic self-study, on-the-job, etc., based on multiple factors, such as learning objectives; the number, geographic dispersion, and language needs of the learner(s); and physicality of subject matter.
- Manages and directly contributes to creation and/or customization and delivery of policy, procedure, and system training program design and materials for new employees and existing staff to support implementation of process/system changes, correction of performance deficiencies or teammate development.
- Partner with senior leaders and HR Team co-workers to identify systemic issues and provide concrete, short-term and long-term solutions and to support seamless service delivery and integrated learning as much as possible with other HR solutions.
- Sets clear performance expectations for team members and communicates how performance goals are linked to organizational goals and values.
- Validates knowledge transfer and retention via post-training written, verbal, direct observation, or return demonstration testing.
- Establishes the Company’s electronic repository of all training program materials, including but not limited to course outlines, trainers’ and learners’ guides, and related materials such as handouts, training sign-in sheets, tests and testing results, ensuring audit-ready training records.
- Celebrates learner milestone achievements, such as New Teammate Orientation “graduation” and fork-lift certification.
- Ensures training provided incorporates accurate language translation via onsite translator, use of The Translation Line, internal translators, translated voiceovers and printed materials.
- Ensures high quality and consistency across every design and development project. Establishes methodologies tools, templates and processes for instructional design strategies and content development.
- Models SGI core values, commitment to food and workplace safety, celebration of diversity, and a culture of inclusiveness.
- Actively promotes teamwork, teammate satisfaction, open communication, cooperation, personal development, high standards of performance, and a sense of urgency.
*Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in education, business or related field
- Fluent Bi-Lingual English/Spanish
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5 Years of prior corporate training experience
- Prior experience with Learning Management Systems
- Master’s degree in education, business or related field
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Positive attitude
- MS Office Suite with advanced skills with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; excellent keyboarding skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong presentation and facilitation
- Ability to develop and write grammatically and contextually correct training content
- High degree of planning, organizational, and implementation skills
- Demonstrated track record for establishing trust, credibility, and influence across all organizational levels, including senior leadership
- Results oriented; capable of functioning effectively at both strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced, growing organization
- Bring innovative and creative thinking to the design of business/functional learning solutions
- Strong discernment skills and understanding of non-verbal cues
- Standard office environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions
- Intermittent sitting and standing
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Overnight travel up to 30% required.
- Ability to observe and identify surroundings; judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are; and recognize colors.
- Ability to distinguish sounds and comprehend and exchange detailed information, including conveying it to others accurately, loudly, and/or quickly.
- Concentrate, recognize, remember, reason, and make decisions.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided