Job Type: full-time
Salary + Commission
Location Optional: Harrisonburg, VA, Jefferson, GA, Dallas, TX or Indianapolis, IN.
Shenandoah Growers, Inc “SGI” is actively recruiting for a Driver Recruiter and Retention Specialist “DRRS”. This position will be responsible for recruiting nationally for SGI. The teammate in this position will proactively partner with SGI headquarters, site leadership and hiring managers to ensure staffing activities are executed in a manner consistent with SGI’s purpose, vision, mission, and core values.
This right candidate must have initiative and strong back experience within this field. This position will report to the Corporate Recruiter with a dotted line to the VP, Logistics.
- Recruit, coach and help develop driver(s), ensuring incumbents are engaged, empowered, trained, and fully optimized.
- Create SGI’s “Gold Standard” for the candidate and new hire experience, personally execute against it, and coach other hiring/onboarding decision makers and stakeholders to ensure its Company-wide usage.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state employment laws and requirements, Company policies and Core Values. Ensure that drivers are recruited, interviewed, hired and trained the SGI Way.
- Meet or exceed HR’s standard for Service Excellence with internal and external HR customers and purposefully model professionalism, a sense of urgency, and commitment to SGI’s Purpose, Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Apply knowledge of talent acquisition best practices in advising and coaching hiring leaders and other HR team members on recruitment and staffing processes to increase efficiency, reduce total time-to-fill, and improve new hire and hiring leader satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with the corporate trainer to ensure drivers are properly educated and trained the SGI way. Works within DOT, FMCSA, OSHA and FSMA guidelines to ensure a SAFE, COURTEOUS and a PROFESSIONAL driver force is maintained.
- Develop a driver recruiting and retention plan for each site. Follows up with drivers, maintains open lines of communication, sends birthday and anniversary cards, invest in the driving force and their personal development. Is an advocate for the driving force.
- Ensure authorized Hiring Requisitions are tracked and promptly added to Internal Jobs Posting. Determine openings to be advertised on SGI website and other external job boards, etc. and develop and place ads accordingly.
- Work with hiring leaders to develop a candidate profile to aid in the identification of the best candidates for each role and partner closely with SGI’s vendor to conduct appropriate candidate assessments to help assure best hiring decisions.
- Conduct and document professional, well-prepared phone and/or in-person interviews before presenting top qualified candidates to hiring leaders.
- Conduct reference checking, pre-employment background checking as required by the role and Company policy; collaborate with Payroll and Benefits Manager to recommend appropriate starting compensation; obtain required salary and offer final approval; prepare offer letters, present job offers, and coordinate start dates with all stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating and implementing clearly defined, well-documented and authorized hiring incentive programs when needed, working together with SGI’s Payroll & Benefits Manager to ensure efficient integration with payroll.
- Responsible for the Company’s full compliance nationally with verifying legal eligibility to work in the U.S. through timely and accurate completion of Form I-9’s and the E-Verify process.
- Responsible for all aspects of SGI’s Visa Guest Worker programs, including management and documentation for individuals to work at SGI under any type of VisA
- Establish and maintain an ongoing “Second Chance” Employment Program for formerly incarcerated individuals who qualify.
- Establish and nurture relationships with community college and university career centers near each SGI location, and establish SGI Internship Programs.
- Adheres to all Company’s policies
- Other duties might be assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 Yrs. progressive full-cycle recruiting an experience
- Demonstrated success in recruiting from the line up to executive-levels of positions
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches/recruiting activities in a very fast-paced, high-volume environment
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.