Candidate must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and have a strong produce retail background. Travel is a must. Manage assigned retail customer accounts within 200 miles radius from local area site in Duvall. Ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining the placement and merchandising of Shenandoah products to achieve budgeted sales and profits. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively not only with customers but within our organization including the Inside Sales Team, the Procurement Staff and other management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Visit existing retail customers within 200 miles radius form site office
• Advise customers on proper produce displays, retail pricing and help strategize maximum profitability
• Work with product managers and store personnel in best handling procedures and advise customers on proper display and merchandising.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
• Attend Shenandoah functions and industry events/food shows as needed. Provide in-store demonstration services as needed.
• Strong customer service skills
• Highly motivated individual with strong planning skills
• Implement programs designed to increase sales and profits
• Solid, logical itinerary planning to implement strategic sales growth with existing customers
• Persistent approach to resolving issues
• Immediate and proactive actions to resolve and correct issues
Plan and execute demos and grower events.
- High school diploma or equivalent or relevant work experience
- Specific produce experience is a plus.
- Strong merchandising skills with the ability to travel. Must have a clean driving record.
- Candidate must reside in Washington state.
- Positive attitude with a drive to be the best
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and constantly reassess priorities to get the job done
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, follow through and use of the computer
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work under minimal guidance
- Know all the Shenandoah Growers product lines pertaining to the produce and floral departments
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.