SUMMARY: The GEN-3 LED Technician is responsible for the efficient and fully optimized execution of the Generation 3 LED growing operation, including verification and controls of growing inputs, nutrition and soil medium blends are within target ranges, germination, irrigation, spacing, and reporting associated variances and issues. Another critical responsibility of the Gen-3 LED Technician is to ensure the crop schedule is followed accurately. This position reports to the Sr. LED Technician.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Non-Essential Functions are preceded by an *)
• Verify and log temperature and humidity throughout the workday
• Perform required daily checks to ensure product quality throughout product flow
• Accurately follow light regimen throughout the growing cycle, verifies and documents micromole output of LED system utilizing a PAR meter, and mitigates variances by adjusting light regimens accordingly
• Verify and document germination chamber temperature, humidity, and visible mist
• Verify and document residual Chlorine PPM at mister nozzles
• Executes product flow from seeding, germination, nursery, through growing room and harvesting
• Verify all trays and nozzles are operating correctly for proprietary irrigation
• Follow Master Sanitation Schedule and protocols
• Ensure weather stations are functioning properly and perform simple adjustments as needed
• Follow all food safety protocols to prevent potential hazards
• Follow all federal and state OSHA safety requirements and Company safety protocols
• *Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School or equivalent
• No direct work experience required; however, he/she must be energetic, motivated, self-actualized, and must proactively demonstrate a desire to learn quickly and then effectively utilize knowledge gained
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• 1-3 Years of experience in a related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations, and analysis.
• Prior experience with GAP is a plus
• Bilingual, English/Spanish
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to work overtime as may be scheduled
• Positive attitude
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with other teammates in the area to get the work done
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solvingWORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Works indoors with controlled temperature (average 70 degrees Fahrenheit)
• Moderate noise level PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to stand and walk about for periods of several hours during a regular workday
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.