Job Type: Full-time and Part-time
The Herb Packer I is an entry level position that works in a fast-paced environment. This position resides in a cold packing facility that ranges from 30 to 55 Degrees Fahrenheit. The teammate in this position will stand for periods of 8+ hours during a regular workday. The Herb Packer is responsible for cleaning, trimming, cutting & packaging assigned herbs at the packaging line. In addition, this teammate must be able to meet an hourly quota and will report directly to a Line Coordinator or Supervisor.
Full-time regular teammates qualify for medical, dental, vision and voluntary life insurance, after completing 60-days of work services. Benefits take effect on the first day of the following month after completing 60-days. 401K available, education reimbursement and more!
The teammate for this position must apply here online or in person at our local office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies; herbs, size & weights for packaging containers
- Utilizes the Company’s product effectively to maximize yields while maintaining high-quality standards
- Meets the work site’s hourly quota after completing one week of training in packing the Company’s herbs
- Uses scissors to cut & clean the herbs when necessary
- Communicates with the Line Coordinator to meet production goals
- Embraces diversity well and can work closely with others as needed
- Communicates effectively with all personnel
- Supports Food Safety programs and adheres to Company’s procedures and policies
- Follows department training guidelines, best practices, and operating procedures
- Maintains an organized working area
- Wears personal protective equipment when it is necessary to ensure the Company’s compliance
- Adapts well to changes within the assigned department and follows directions from management
- Reports any observed safety hazards to the immediate Supervisor
- Other duties may be assigned by management
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Basic Math Required
- Adapts to a Cold Environment
- Good Attendance Required
- Production Experience Preferred
- Bi-lingual Preferred
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.