Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Non- exempt, $20 to $25 per hour
Shenandoah Growers Inc. “SGI” is looking for an upbeat, self-motivated individual for the Jr. Operations Manager position. SGI is the lead supplier of fresh culinary herbs in the United States. We have innovative technology that allows our company to be at the fore-front of production organic culinary herbs. The Jr. Operations Manager “Jr.OM” position in our BioFarm located in Harrisonburg, VA. Living organic products are grown at this location with innovative technology and processes! This position reports to the Operation Manager at the Bio-Farm and acts as the backup on a daily basis. Experience working with perishables and/or greenhouse environment is a plus. The Jr. Operation Manager must be driven by the challenge of a fast-paced work environment. This teammate must help develop teammates to enhance their potential and must possess strong leadership skills. This position supervises the overall performance of the facility and often works with ever changing variables. The candidate in this position must ensure that a safe and unadulterated product is produced, process controls are in place, and cost-effective production is met.
Full-time regular teammates qualify for medical, dental, vision and voluntary life insurance, after completing 60-days of work service. Benefits take effect on the first day of the following month after completing 60-days. 401K available, education reimbursement and more!
The teammate for this position must apply here (online) or in person at our local office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with the Operations Manager to ensure production orders/sales orders are completed on a timely basis while maintaining quality.
- Utilizes all resources available to produce necessary product
- Effectively prioritizes and manages time/resources for maximum productivity and accuracy.
- Provides feedback to Operations Manager regarding to teammates’ performance evaluations
- Manages teammates within the departments assigned at the Bio- Farm
- Manages ongoing projects and aids in the development of future projects
- Ensures an adequate inventory of packing supplies is maintained
- Interfaces with Corporate Safety & Compliance departments to ensure a safe work environment is maintained
- This position must be very mobile during the day to assist with various projects throughout the Bio-Farm
- Ensures that all products are properly handled and filled according to customer needs
- Interacts with Human Resources personnel as needed to ensure proper staffing and all teammates adhere to Company policies
- Plans, motivates, and holds Leads accountable for their department’s performance
- Adheres to all requirements of sanitation, GMP and/or HACCP standards, and other hygiene policies
- Observes and practices housekeeping procedures. Be a role model for the Shenandoah Growers Core Values–Honesty, Humility, Mutual Respect, Discipline, Passion/Enthusiasm/Determination
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures
- Can work under little supervision
- Performs other assignments as needed
- High School or equivalent
- Bilingual, English & Spanish preferred but not required
- Strong work ethic
- Basic math
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+Yr. of experience of Greenhouse Production
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.