Job type – full-time
Pay: $15 – $20 per hour. Starts upon experience.
Shenandaoh Growers, Inc. “SGI” is actively hiring two LED Room Technicians. This position is responsible for the efficient operation of the germination chamber and LED rooms. The LED Room Technician is driven by challenge and success in a fast-paced working environment. This position requires an energetic, motivated, and self-actualized individual that demonstrates leadership within his/her position. This position reports to the Grower and will have the opportunity to take ownership of his/her area and cross-train with other technicians in the area to become more valuable for SGI and provide support as needed.
These positions are based at our site located at 3158 North Valley Pike, Harrisonburg, VA 22802.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the quality of the plugs produced and released for transplant. Not too wet, not too dry for the transplanting machine
- In combination with the grower, responsible for all operational requirements in the germination chamber and LED rooms. This includes cart placement, maintenance notification, irrigation, fertilization, growing environment monitoring (temperature, RH), etc.
- In combination with the grower, responsible for the daily review of the plant quality. Any issues are to be raised with grower so that poor quality product can be reviewed and an alternative determined.
- Responsible for minor maintenance repairs or for notifying maintenance of any concerns which could result in delays as a result of equipment maintenance issues
- Meet production rates daily/weekly for the position
- Follows all Food safety requirements for production in this area or on this equipment. This includes any logs or SOP’s
- Operates the machinery/equipment in a professional, safe manner, as determined by Occupational safety rules or manufacturer’s instructions
- Responsible for all sanitation practices relevant to the area and the machinery/equipment
- Conducts daily QC checks on plugs
- Keeps a weekly inventory and fill out reports as required by the Grow team
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- High School or equivalent
- 3 yrs. of experience in a related position
- Production/Greenhouse environment experience
- Experienced hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations, and analysis.
- Bilingual, English & Spanish
- 5 yrs of experience in a related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment. Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations, and analysis.
- Prior experience with OSHA, HACCP, and GMP is a plus
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.