Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $12/hr – $15/hr
Shenandoah Growers, Inc. “SGI”, is actively recruiting for a Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating shipments between growers, freight forwarders, brokers and buyers to provide fresh herbs purchases from foreign countries (primarily Mexico) into our packinghouses. The Logistics Coordinator must maintain a high level of energy, attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and duties, and multitasking abilities.
- Communicate with staff and internal departments to ensure that the information flow is happening in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide support and assist the buyer to ensure successful timely deliveries.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Coordinate weekly availability for each grower and present to buyers.
- Coordinate shipments with growers to meet buyer’s time schedule.
- Book/follow up/ communicate with involved parties on shipping and importing fresh herbs.
- React and communicate promptly to parties about any delays in transport, custom/USDA/FDA holds or rejections.
- Ensure completion of accurate billing practices in ERP- (cut po’s and allocate logistic cost by cost center).
- Receive /inspect/Issue credits on consolidated shipments arriving at Sherman facility.
- Coordinate shipments with internal and external transportation departments.
- Process and ship orders to other SGI facilities.
- Working knowledge of customs clearing rules and regulations for border crossing.
- Must have the ability to design and coordinate lanes that will help maximize the companies linehaul assets, while reducing the number of air freight shipments needed to effectively transport the inbound product.
- Other tasks assigned per management
Minimum Requirements and qualifications
- High school degree or higher.
- Bilingual Spanish-English.
- Experience in shipping and receiving, excel, and ERP systems.
- Experience working with perishable produce.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.