Job type: Internship
The Marketing Intern role supports the marketing team a variety of critical development and commercialization activities contributing to our aggressive brand growth strategies. These initiatives may include assisting with brand and innovation activities including: core product updates, merchandising and packaging updates, website and social media content, public relations support initiatives, project management and timeline tracking, assisting with cross-functional project teams, market research coordination and analysis, sales material support coordination, event/trade show coordination and team support.
The Marketing Intern will report to the Brand Manager/Marketing Operations Manager and will have the opportunity to lead projects and actively participate in strategic marketing initiatives. This is an entry level position designed for learning and growth within the marketing discipline.
- Work alongside current internal marketing team members and external agency partners, supporting the needs of the marketing department.
- Participate in the development efforts of product brand extensions relating to consumer learning, packaging development, naming, positioning, pricing, etc.
- Understand, analyze and communicate market insights from consumers, customers, and competitors.
- Be accountable for the management of assigned projects and driving plans thru to implementation.
- Strong team-work and management skills; able to effectively participate and motivate others working within a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to present to all levels within the organization to communicate team vision and goals, personal ideas and project updates.
- Should be goal oriented, confident, outgoing, high-capacity worker, able to work well under pressure and succeed within a competitive and dynamic environment.
- Support the Brand Manager in key project areas including new product launches, brand development, public relations, sales support, and portfolio management.
- Be a role model for the Shenandoah Growers Core Values—Fun, Humility, Quality, Do What it Takes, Ownership, Details.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing programs and processes and develop strategies for improving or further elevating our project results.
- Maintain project related budgets.
- Determine, produce and roll out necessary organizational change management (OCM) materials, including communication and training plans, stakeholder and end-user communications, training material associated with new products, packaging guides, and processes, and anticipate, identify and resolve problems.
- Perform cost-benefit and ROI analyses for proposed projects to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Event coordination and support.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of all technology systems.
- Anticipate and overcome project barriers to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Prioritize complex and demanding project workloads and assist management with clear prioritization and business justification.
- Manage and track projects from initiation to successful completion.
- Multitask with strong attention to detail and shift rapidly from one project to another when priorities change
- College student active in marketing or communications program. Junior or senior level student preferred.
- Must be well-versed in Microsoft Office Applications.
- A portfolio that demonstrates creativity, originality and skills. (Required during the interview.)
- Interest in the understanding of consumer-packaged goods marketing.
- Demonstrated thought leadership through previous work and/or internship experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to elicit the trust and respect of others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including creative, business and writing for social media properties. (Writing samples requested during the interview process.)
- Ability to adhere to set brand strategies.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work effectively in an extremely fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change and movement.
- Exhibits a high level of organizational skills and sense of personal accountability.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable