JOB SUMMARY: The Delivery Non-CDL Truck Driver serves the Company’s customer needs. Driver(s) in this position(s) operate the Company’s trucks and load and unload Company’s produce at the customer’s warehouse(s). The Delivery Truck Driver always maintains effective communication with management. The Truck Driver reports to the Transportation Supervisor at the assigned work site. SGI has a friendly work environment where teammates are rewarded for a job well done by the Transportation leaders who are ready to recognize your hard work.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unloads product according to customer purchase order
- Loads product in a manner to avoid damages and maintain load stability to ensure driver safety
- Wraps pallets by machine or hand to provide security
- Unloads and cleans out trucks as necessary
- Operates stock trucks and mechanical jacks throughout the facility continuously in a safe manner
- Prepares products for shipment under general supervision by weighing, handling and transporting as necessary
- Marks, addresses, loads, and packs product for proper delivery and condition
- Hand loads product onto trucks as required
- Delivers product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately informs the management team of any deviations
- Unloads product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and places in the designated customer storage area
- May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions
- Picks up, loads and unloads damaged goods and customer returns, and completes necessary paperwork
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment
- May have to complete an overnight delivery run one or two times per week. Maintains sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer, assists with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard and proper handling of the product
- Delivers Company’s product to distribution centers and grocery stores using straight refrigerated trucks
- Completes Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconciles with appropriate company representative as needed
- Breaks down delivery load on a single pallet into multiple pallets with smaller amounts
- Picks up raw materials (boxes and packaging materials) as needed
- Attends training sessions to stay up to date on the Department of Transportation & other regulations as required
- Sorts and separates pallets as needed
- If Lumper services are needed, the driver must obtain authorization from the Transportation Department or site General Manager to use Lumper services. Lumper services are not to be used without this authorization
- Can drive a standard transmission
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities per Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Shenandoah Growers’ policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all Safety & Food Safety requirements
- Attends all required company meetings
- Maintains a clean working environment
- Reports and is accountable for notifying Transportation Supervisor of observed safety concerns
- Adheres to all Department of Transportation requirements and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned by Transportation Supervisor or other members of management
Education: High School or GED diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1 Yr. of driving experience
Language Fluency: No specific language requirements; bi-lingual English/Spanish fluency preferred.
Technology: No specific technology requirements; basic computer and keyboarding skills preferred.
Licensure: Driver’s license in good standing.
Credentials: No specific professional credentials required.