The Class B Delivery Driver(s) serves the company’s customer needs by transporting the company’s products. Driver(s) in this position(s) operate commercial company vehicle(s), load/unload, products safely and efficiently at customer and company sites. The Delivery Driver always operates the truck in a safe and regulatory manner while maintaining effective communication with management. The Truck Driver reports to the Transportation Supervisor at the assigned work site.
- Pick up and Delivers the company’s product from plants and warehouses to distribution centers and grocery stores using refrigerated trucks while operating a commercial vehicle over intercity and spanning multiple state routes
- Completes Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconciles with appropriate company representative as needed
- Obtain receipts/bills of lading and signatures for delivered goods to be turned in to the company on time
- Maneuver truck into loading/unloading position, and checking that the vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned
- Delivers product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately informs the management team of any deviations
- Loads and unloads product from trailer, by hand, utilizing a hand cart, and pallet jack in a manner to avoid damages and provide load stability to ensure driver and product standards and safety
- May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions
- Picks up, loads/unloads damaged goods and customer returns and completes necessary paperwork
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment
- Breaks down delivery load on the single pallet into multiple pallets with smaller amounts
- Picks up raw materials (boxes and packaging materials) as needed
- Attends training sessions and company meetings for additional training and to stay up to date on Department of Transportation & other regulations as required
- If Lumper services are needed, the driver needs to obtain authorization from the Transportation Department or site General Manager to use Lumper services. Lumper services are not to be used without this authorization
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities per federal and state regulations following Shenandoah Growers’ policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean working and sanitary environment inside and outside/truck, assisting in maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse(s), and yards, to ensure compliance and safety regulations
- Reports and is accountable for notifying Transportation Supervisor of observed safety concerns
- Adheres to all Department of Transportation requirements/regulations, protocols for Food Safety, and Shenandoah Growers policies and procedures
- Ability to transport bulk containers (totes)
Education: High School or GED diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1 Year of commercial truck driving experience minimum and experience with perishable goods.
Language Fluency: No specific language requirements; bi-lingual English/Spanish fluency preferred.
Technology: No specific technology requirements; basic computer and keyboarding skills preferred.
Licensure: CDL Class B license in good standing.
Credentials: No specific professional credentials required.
Manual Dexterity: Ability to quickly move your hands and arms sufficiently to grasp, hold, finely manipulate and assemble herbs and packaging.
Muscle Strength & Flexibility: Ability to bend, reach, stoop, squat, pivot, turn, balance, walk, pus, pull, and lift and carry up to 50lbs.
Withstand Cold: Ability to perform duties, responsibilities, and assigned tasks with maximum efficiency while working in a sustained cold work environment.
Sustained Fast Pace: Ability to work at a very fast sustained pace without reduction in quality, food safety and workplace safety compliance.
Not Allergic: Ability to breathe, touch and work around fresh herbs and leafy produce safely.
- Bi-lingual, English & Spanish preferred
- Experience with perishable goods is preferred
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.