Job Type: Full-time
Shenandoah Growers, Inc. “SGI” is seeking an organized, outgoing, and detail-oriented office coordinator to join the organization. The Office Coordinator “OC” is responsible for ensuring that all office tasks and functions operate smoothly at all times. Tasks include, but are not limited to, front desk management, answering phones, maintaining office supplies, scheduling interviews, meetings and appointments. The successful applicant will maintain client and vendor relations.
The right candidate for this position is goal-oriented and self-motivated. The OC reports to the Site Manager and will have the opportunity to partner with the Human Resources department in Headquarters located in Harrisonburg, VA.
Those with experience in an office administration role are encouraged to apply.
- Processes internal and external orders
- Updates Food Safety records and tracks missing data
- Keeps Organic record(s)
- Conducts and participates in Food Safety training as needed
- Assists Buyers with any procurement issues
- Welcomes external and internal customers to the office and assists them as needed
- Performs other clerical duties as needed (files, organized supplies, follows up on voicemails etc.)
- Creates, edits and updates spreadsheets
- Takes notes and transcribe into e-mail, document and/or spreadsheet forms
- Sends faxes and prepares them as needed
- Completes administrative assignments assigned by the HR department as needed
- Answers phone calls
- Takes phone messages
- Manages, sorts and dispenses incoming mail and faxes
- Prepares outgoing mail and packages
- Performs basic bookkeeping duties
- Other duties may be assigned
Minimum Requirements and qualifications
- 1+ Yrs. of administrative experience
- Bilingual English & Spanish
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills required
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good combination both verbally and written required
- 2+ Yrs. working in office admin or hospitality management preferred
- Paylocity & Sage 100, the experience is a plus
- Travels 5%
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.