Job Type: Full-time, day shift
Shenandoah Growers is an innovative, fast growing company looking to hire a self- motivated, detail- oriented candidate for an Outbound Quality Control Specialist. The Outbound Quality Control Specialist is responsible for checking outgoing products to ensure that they are free of defects and produced according to internal and external guidelines. This is a highly detail-oriented role, requiring familiarity with production processes combined with extensive knowledge of product specifications. He/She works as part of an operations team, maintaining records of defective materials and ensuring that defective product is pulled from production. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
Full-time regular teammates qualify for medical, dental, vision and voluntary life insurance, after completing 60-days of work service. Benefits take effect on the first day of the following month after completing 60-days. 401K available, education reimbursement and more!
The teammate for this position must apply here ( online) or in person at our local office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Verifies that SGI products meet expected standards in quality
- Assesses all product thoroughly and keeps detailed records of product defects or production issues, in order to identify and eliminate recurring problems
- Additionally it is essential to provide a paper trail to aid in accountability and error reporting
- Responsible for supporting process improvements throughout the production process.
- He/She feels comfortable making suggestions to improve a specific part of the production process. This helps ensure that products are produced consistently and that defects or other errors will not persist throughout the production process.
- Monitors and improves operational KPIs. Aids in the development of SOPs and process controls
- Meets with Corporate Safety & Compliance department to ensure a safe work environment is maintained
- Meets with QA and Food Safety teammates to ensure a high quality and safe product is shipped to customers
- Ensures that all product is properly selected accordingly for Company customers
- Adheres to all requirements of sanitation, GMP and/or HACCP standards, and other hygiene policies
- Observes and practices housekeeping procedures
- Be a role model for the Shenandoah Growers Core Values–Honesty, Humility, Mutual Respect, Discipline, Passion/Enthusiasm/Determination
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Can work under little supervision
- Monitors product quality and labels before the final shipment and reports all product and labeling issues to Production Supervisor
- Ensure proper product rotation following FIFO
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Good Attendance Required
- 1-year Food Processing experience preferred
- Bilingual, English & Spanish preferred
- Prior experience with OSHA, HACCP, Food Safety and GMP’s Preferred
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.