This position on the evening shift will be the highest ranking position on the evening shift and acts as the manager on duty once day shift management has left the premises. As such, the person in this position will be expected to adequately monitor, supervise, and directly manage any and all situation which may arise while executing the daily production and loading plan given by day shift management on a daily basis.
- Initiates and manages work assignments in production and shipping/receiving including the tracking of metrics
- Ensures that all teammates comply with Company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure the work environment is maintained in a safe and efficient manner
- Initiates proactive action and communication to insure all elements of the shift are well informed and coordinated
- Oversees and is responsible for insuring all products manufactured and/or shipped meet company and customer specifications including proper labeling, weights, quality, and coding.
- Provide effective and timely inter and intro facility communications to departments heads and their subordinates
- Monitors product and supply inventories to insure they are being utilized efficiently
- Manages staff scheduling and breaks to insure the greatest productivity at the lowest cost while still meeting deadlines
- Conducts periodic team meetings to motivate and provide accountability for all evening work groups to the facilities goals
- Monitors the availability and use of supply materials being used in the manufacturing and shipping process
- Oversees the effective cleaning and sanitation of the facility per our master sanitation schedule
- Oversees and/or completes all required food safety documentation for the shift
- Monitors all production equipment to insure they are operational and in good repair
- Performs troubleshooting and adjustments as needed to production equipment
- Assists the Production Supervisor to investigate Customer’s rejections
- Oversees the adequate training of all staff assigned to the evening shift
- Other tasks may be assign by the management
- High School or GED equivalent
- Production, logistics, or manufacturing experience required
- Forklift and pallet jack certified operator
- 2 Yrs. of supervisory preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English required
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic math
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.