Job Type: full-time
The Line Coordinator is a motivated and energetic individual with strong leadership skills. The Line Coordinator works in a refrigerated, fast paced environment. This position is responsible for leading their production line towards achieving their production targets. The Line Coordinator ensures that all teammates on the assigned line meet the expected piece rate. The Line Coordinator embraces diversity and works well with others. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
Great benefits package and 401(K) retirement plan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that packers have the necessary supplies to succeed
- Ensures all traceability documentation is complete and accurate
- Develops a sense of team and provides motivation and inspiration
- Aids in the on-boarding process and training of new team members
- Reports issues that could affect the production rate. This may include but is not limited to the availability and quality of product
- Monitors product yield and takes steps to reduce product waste
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of the product meets our customers’ specifications
- Ensures all team members follow food safety policies
- Assures that all units packed meet our internal presentation specification
- Ensures team members meet the expected piece rate, and provides coaching when necessary
- Identifies and reports any safety hazards and/or food safety concerns to their supervisor
- Reports any accidents/injuries to their supervisor and assists with any necessary documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Stands for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. (unassisted). Comprehend and exchange detailed information, including conveying it to others accurately, loudly, and/or quickly. The associate must have the ability to maintain awareness of their surroundings.
- Refrigerated workspace at 55 degrees
- May work, when necessary, beyond normal working hours, on weekends
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to quickly changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently on assigned tasks as well as to take direction
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic math skills
- Production or manufacturing experience
- Experience working with Foods Safety procedures
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.