SUMMARY: The Microgreens Supervisor must possess the desire and ability to provide leadership and supervisory coordination in all aspects of production. The Microgreens Supervisor’s role is to maintain a high level of productivity and continuous improvement within the assigned shift in the areas of safety, reliability, cost savings, team building, and personnel management. This position reports to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Non-Essential Functions are preceded by an *)
• Provide leadership and supervision for the assigned production shift and associated personnel.
• Effectively motivate, train and communicate with their assigned shift teams to assure superior levels of safety, reliability, sanitation, and quality. Ensure individual and team levels of performance meet or exceed goals and expectations.
• Ensure that harvesters complete the orders required
• Train harvesters in proper blending procedures
• Prepare and conduct team meetings as necessary for proper communications and development of teams.
• Monitors all inventory for the Microgreens department
• Analyzes productivity to appropriately staff Microgreens team
• Works closely with the Growers to achieve growing objectives and excellent quality
• Ability to work with the Maintenance and Quality Assurance staff to create a cooperative environment on their assigned shift
• Develop an expert knowledge of the production process and all associated equipment
• Be able to perform daily checks and reports to ensure the highest quality of product produced within good production practices as they apply to the production of the product
• Maintain shift performance and quality documentation.
• Participate in and lead performance improvement project teams that improve safety, quality, reliability, sanitation and reduce waste
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Two years of experience in related field
• Strong analytical skills
• Advance experience with MS Office
• Excellent team player with the ability to work well with little supervision
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Reinforce sense of urgency during production runs and periods of machine downtime.
• Must be capable of understanding process functions in order to accomplish high level planning which cover 24-hour periods at all times while maintaining adaptability to process variations and change.
• Must develop contingencies for process and manpower scheduling and management
• Positive attitude
• Good attendance
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Basic mechanical aptitude
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with other teammates in the area to get the work done
• Basic math
• Teamwork and flexibility
• Excellent time-management skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Prior experience with OSHA, HACCP, and GMPWORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must also have flexibility to work variable hours, holidays, and weekends in a 24/7 production environment.
• Extended hours may be necessary to complete daily tasks.
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.