Job Type: full-time
The Propagation, Sticking & Cutting Associates are responsible for the efficient operation of the ISO sticking machine, the quality of the cuttings being used by the machine and the quality of the plugs being produced. The teammate in this position is driven by challenge and success in a fast-paced working environment. He/She requires an energetic, motivated, and self-actualized individual that demonstrates leadership within his/her position. This position reports to the Grower and Operations Supervisor.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on the ISO sticking machine, per the manufacturer’s instructions and on-site training.
- Perform an inspection of the cuttings to ensure that only the highest quality cuttings are used.
- Review the quality and quantity of the plug trays used for sticking to ensure that production is not delayed.
- Operate the machine in accordance with manufacturers instructions and on-site training.
- Review the goals of the daily operation with the grower or operations supervisor and notify the grower or operations supervisor if there is any deviation from the daily goals.
- Notify the supervisor if the machine is not operating as intended, some troubleshooting is needed, per the on-site training.
- Responsible for transferring the finished product to the propagation greenhouse.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent
- 2 yrs. of experience in a related position with an emphasis in an operations production/greenhouse environment
- Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations, and analysis
- Good attendance
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.