Essential Job Functions:
- Performs technical and supervisory work under the direction of the General Manager and in coordination with the Greenhouse Manager
- Plans, coordinates and supervises the activities of the personal within the assigned department
- Manages a self-sustaining cutting process to prevent the need for buying cuttings
- Plans and organizes with Company’s plants. Possess the ability to plan for Company’s, peak season, events and special customer’s orders.
- Manages well product’s pieces rates and quality
- Establishes organization within his or her department to achieve Company’s goals
- Determines production schedule and manages the Propagation staff, while keeping detailed records to track crops and propagation methods
- Responsible for ordering and purchasing (with the GM’s approval) work tools for the assigned department
- Coordinates with the General Manager to manage the staff in the Planting
- Ensures that teammates within the department meets job requirements, follows Food Safety and Safety procedures and use protective equipment where it is required
- Works with Greenhouse Manager to resolve issues in the Irrigation department and issues related to production scheduling that involves Propagation Nursery and Transplant to Finishing Departments (gutters and tables)
- Coordinates with the General and Greenhouse Manager on future crop planning.
- Report any observed safety hazards
- Embraces diversity and works well with all teammates internally and external customers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Walks for long periods of time during an eight working hours day. Move about indoors and outdoors. Operates computer and other office equipment, including grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive motion. Lift up to 25 lbs. (unassisted). Observes and identifies surroundings. Judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are. Recognize colors. Concentrates, recognizes, remembers, reasons, and makes decisions.
Distinguishes sounds. Comprehend and exchange detailed information, including conveying it to others accurately, loudly, and/or quickly.
- Work environment is generally an office setting but often includes packaging facility/Greenhouses and grounds of both SGI and suppliers’/service providers’ locations.
- May work, when necessary, beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions.
- 3+ Years work experience working in propagation with herbs/produce
- 2+ years of Supervisory experience
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English
- Experience working with Foods Safety procedures
- Computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint together with the ability to learn new compliance-related software programs
- Understanding audit processes and schemes
- Strong speaking skills to provide information to teammates
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to quickly changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently on assigned tasks as well as to take direction
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic business math skills
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.