The Recruitment Manager is responsible for Shenandoah Growers’ talent acquisition and onboarding strategy, planning, execution and reporting nationally while ensuring the company’s compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations. She/He manages recruitment team members, driving exceptional levels of HR customer service for our internal customers and candidates as well as “user friendly” tools and processes. With a focus on best practices and continuous improvement, the Recruitment Manager proactively partners with SGI senior management, site leadership, and hiring managers to ensure staffing activities are executed in a manner consistent with SGI’s Purpose, Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
(Non-Essential Functions are preceded by an *)
- Manages, coaches and develops Corporate Recruiter and Recruiting Intern(s), ensuring incumbents are engaged, empowered, trained, and fully optimized.
- Creates SGI’s “Gold Standard” for candidate and new hire experience, personally execute against it, and coach other hiring/onboarding decision makers and stakeholders to ensure its Company-wide usage.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state employment laws and requirements, Company policies and Core Values. Ensures that every individual responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring activity performed at SGI sites and Corporate Headquarters has been properly trained on compliant interviewing and selection practices before they conduct interviews.
- Meets or exceeds HR’s standard for Service Excellence with internal and external HR customers and purposefully model professionalism, a sense of urgency, and commitment to SGI’s Purpose, Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Applies knowledge of talent acquisition best practices in advising and coaching hiring leaders and other HR team members on recruitment and staffing processes to increase efficiency, reduce total time-to-fill, and improve new hire and hiring leader satisfaction.
- Prepares and presents for approval to Director of HR an Annual Recruiting Plan reflecting alignment with corporate goals. Establishes strategic sourcing and candidate attraction plans and campaigns for critical roles and functional segments, such as Operational leadership, Project Managers, CDL Drivers, as well as site-by-site seasonal staffing to meet peak season labor demands.
- Develops clearly defined roles, qualifications and requirements for every job title, and collaborates with the Corporate Training Specialist to finalize valid job descriptions including proper FLSA, EEO, Workers Compensation classifications/codes, and partners with Payroll & Benefits team to ensure job titles are listed accurately in HRIS/Payroll system.
- Ensures authorized Hiring Requisitions are tracked and promptly added to Internal Jobs Posting. Determines openings to be advertised on SGI website and other external job boards, etc. and develops and places ads accordingly.
- Works with hiring leaders to develops a candidate profile to aid in identification of the best candidates for each role and partners closely with SGI’s vendor to conduct appropriate candidate assessments to help assure best hiring decisions.
- Conducts and documents professional, well-prepared phone and/or in-person interviews before presenting top qualified candidates to hiring leaders.
- Makes certain reference checks, pre-employment background checks as required by role and Company policy are properly conducted and documented.
- Collaborates with the Director of Compensation & Benefits to recommend appropriate starting compensation; obtains required salary and offer final approval; prepares offer letters, presents job offers, and coordinates start dates with all stakeholders.
- Also works with the Director of Compensation & Benefits to create and implement clearly defined, well-documented and authorized hiring incentive programs and ensures accurate integration with payroll.
- Responsible for the Company’s full compliance nationally with verifying legal eligibility to work in the U.S. through timely and accurate completion of Form I-9’s and the E-Verify process.
- Responsible for all aspects of SGI’s Visa Guest Worker programs.
- Oversees the coordination of company-sponsored career fairs and optimization of SGI’s participation in external live and virtual career fairs.
- Establishes jobs listings/advertising accounts with state and county employment centers near all SGI sites and builds relationships with community organizations encouraging viral recruitment messaging.
- Utilizes existing applicant tracking and reporting resources or proposes new technology when appropriate.
- Proactively communicates status of open searches to hiring leaders.
- Implements a New Teammate Onboarding Survey and reports results to HR senior leadership to aid in identifying and addressing opportunities for improvement in onboarding at both the corporate and site levels.
- Collaborates with the SGI’s Marketing department in the timely creation of print and electronic recruitment materials, displays, etc. reinforcing the company’s corporate brand, mission and core values, and that articulates SGI’s employment value proposition.
- Remains abreast of current recruiting and onboarding best practices and projected trends and embrace new tools and technology to drive highest efficiency in recruitment operations.
- Responsible for monitoring SGI’s websites’ career center to ensure it accurately reflects SGI’s employment value proposition and reflect currently available and future positions.
- Responsible for SGI’s internship and college recruiting programs, and actively nurtures relationships with college/university career centers near all SGI locations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field
- 3+ Years’ supervisory experience
- 3+ years’ progressive full cycle recruiting experience
- Demonstrated success in recruiting front line up to executive-level positions
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent searches/recruiting activities in a very fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Hands-on experience with applicant tracking systems and HRIS systems
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- 2+ Years’ experience with social media for recruiting
- Possess thorough knowledge of proper and effective interview techniques, hiring and onboarding practices
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates exceptional skill in “reading” and assessing people
- Models a calm professional demeanor in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking, decision-making, and persuasive negotiating skills
- Demonstrates outstanding verbal and written communication
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, passion, strong work ethic, trustworthiness, dependability, and self-awareness.
- Must be highly organized and utilize a structured approach to work
- Demonstrates strong keyboarding skills and competency in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as ability to efficiently learn new software applications
- Valid driver’s license
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years’ progressive full cycle recruiting
- Professional TA or HR certification
- Prior experience recruiting in a food production/manufacturing or CPG organization
- Prior experience with Paylocity HRIS software
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Experience with Visa Guest Worker programs and related requirements
Primarily indoors in temperature-controlled offices/facilities with minimal exposure to fumes, dust or loud noises
- Requires ability to ambulate sufficiently to allow moving about indoors and outdoors on various terrain, including travel by car, plane, subway, etc.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods; ability to lift 20 lbs. without assistance; bend, twist, reach, grasp;
- Ability to understand, speak and write clearly and accurately in English
- Up to 20% overnight, some of which may be with reasonable short notice
- COGNITIVE/SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to observe and identify surroundings; judge distances and spatial relationships to see objects where and as they are; and recognize colors
- Ability to distinguish sounds and comprehend and exchange detailed information, including conveying it to others accurately, loudly, and quickly