Job Type: full-time
Salary: 45K – 50K
Shenandoah Growers, Inc. “SGI” is actively hiring an R&D Horticulturalist. This new position is based at Headquarters located in Harrisonburg, VA. The Horticulturalist will design trials, support research, conduct growing laboratory, operate test equipment, and perform analytical tests. The incumbent is responsible for recordkeeping for all test and other tasks as assigned. This position will have the opportunity to participate in projects to continue to develop within the field. This position reports to the Sr. Horticulturist, Indoor Growing R&D.
- Research project design, coordination, and monitoring
- Daily growing activities of grow room plant trials (i.e. irrigation, seeding, thinning, cart transportation, cleaning, etc.)
- Soil, leaf tissue, and fertilizer solution sample submission
- Fertilizer mixing and monitoring
- Daily recordkeeping of pH, EC, Relative Humidity, Temperature, Light levels, CO2 levels, irrigation, etc.
- Completing data collection as described in the project schedule
- Project reporting
- Perform tests, analyze data, and write reports
- Other duties assigned per management
- 4+ Yrs. of college work in horticulture, biological systems, or related field
- 1-2 Yrs of Research and Development experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with 365Microsoft Office
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.