Job Type: full-time
Salary: Hourly starts at $15/hr to $20hr.
We are actively hiring the Research & Development Technician “R&DT”. This position is based in our Culpeper, VA Greenhouse and reports to the Site Leader. The right candidate must have strong leadership and initiative skills. The R&DT supports the research, conduct growing laboratory work and operate test equipment. This position must be able to perform analytical tests and documentation. The R&DT is responsible for completing daily recordkeeping and other duties as assigned. The successful candidate will be a key teammate of the Research & Development Team and play an exciting role in the development of the Organization’s evolving product offering.
Competitive health insurance package is available, 401K and education tuition assistance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily growing activities of grow room plant trials (i.e. irrigation, seeding, thinning, cart transportation, cleaning, etc.)
- Conducts soil, leaf tissue, and fertilizer samples as needed for the Organization
- Monitors fertilizer mixings
- Keeps daily records of pH, EC, relative humidity, temperature, light levels, CO2 levels, irrigation, etc.
- Completes data collection as described in the project schedule
- Projects and submits the report to management as needed
- Weekend rotation coverage – on the teammate’s assigned weekends, they would be responsible for all areas of the facility, R&D, and LOH operations
- Perform tests, analyze data, and write reports
- Must be able to identify SGI products
- Maintains schedules for projects and project milestones
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of college work in a science discipline or related field
- 0-2 years of Research and Development Assistance experience
- Positive attitude with a drive to be a great leader in the Organization
- Knowledgeable in simple basic arithmetic and proportionate calculations
- A passion for science, analysis, and problem solving
- Good computer skills for data entry and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Creativity, technical knowledge, and interest in learning from others
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.