Shenandoah Growers, Inc. “SGI” is actively recruiting for a Transportation Supervisor. These positions report to the VP, Logistics. The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for the daily transportation activities; driver scheduling; paperwork/documentation; manages and serves as primary contact with all drivers. The candidate must be an outgoing and energetic team player. Strong work ethic and reliability are a must.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Creates a team environment
- Meets the objectives as set forth by the site General Manager and or Transportation Manager
- Ensures timely pickup and delivery for internal and external customers.
- Provides support to operations when addressing customer needs or issues
- Communicates with all personnel, including loaders & members at the Packaging House and LED room.
- Possess the ability to creatively think and make sound business decisions
- Oversees and manages fleet repairs and maintenance including but not limited to driver repair reporting, repair scheduling, adherence to vendor turn around commitment, etc.
- Oversees driver scheduling
- Responsible for site DOT, FMCSA, FSMA and OSHA compliance
- Assists with any loss product, equipment, and cost of damages to the company and complete applicable reporting
- Ensures driver qualification files for his/her site are maintained and up-to-date
- Serves as a back-up in the absence of Truck Delivery Driver
- Assists in driving recruitment
- Assists with product deliveries when needed and as department staffing needs dictate
- Attends training sessions on DOT and other regulations as needed
- Participation in all training meetings as required
- Accepts challenges, deals positively and embraces diversity
- Maintains a clean work environment
- Adheres to all Safety and Food Safety policies and procedures
- Reports and is accountable for notifying accordingly of observed safety concerns
- Performs other duties as directed by management
- Works well with all teammates
- Has the ability to work various shifts
The work environment is generally an office setting but periodically includes packaging facility, LED room and grounds of both SGI and external customers’ sites.
- 2-4 Years Transportation Supervisory
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Working knowledge of quality systems, food safety programs
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and motivate people
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office 365 programs
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Knows how to manage overlapping projects and keep track of deadlines
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.