We believe that a successful sales team makes connections with its customers and creates long-lasting relationships. As the Vice President of Sales for Shenandoah Growers, you will be responsible for making sure the entire team falls in line with that goal. The Vice President of Sales exhibits outstanding leadership skills and develops the sales team and strategy to meet or exceed sales revenue and profitability. The Vice President works with the CCO to create and execute the sales department go to market strategy and operational plans. This individual works closely with the account managers, as well as customers, and manages the key business relationships. The individual has a proven ability to strategically plan, sell, leverage technology, develop and manage people, and improve processes.c
Essential Job Functions:
- Create culture of success and achievement
- Develop plans and strategies for achieving company sales goals
- Manage the sales team to meet or exceed business objectives
- Develop and manage the budget process for all customers and company product lines
- Hire and develop staff as needed. Develop and support a learning culture.
- Work with the CCO to develop and oversee sales compensation and incentive programs.
- Develop and maintain an infrastructure that supports the success of the sales team
- Work closely with the CCO and marketing team on new item and product innovation
- Manage key customer relationships
- Develop new leads and participate in closing new business opportunities
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the leadership team.
- Strong team player who thrives in an egoless environment
- Other duties might be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong Customer Service
- Experience successfully leading high performing teams and organizations
- Produce or Retail related experience is a plus
- Must exhibit excellent, verbal, written, negotiating, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office 365 programs
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Proven record of exceptional customer relationship development and maintenance, growing sales volume and profitability
- Knows how to manage overlapping projects and keep track of deadlines
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates at all levels of the organization
- Travels up to 30%
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.